A secondary suite is a self-contained, accessory dwelling unit located within a single detached dwelling, which has at least one (1) habitable room, used as a residence by one (1) or more persons living as a household, with self-contained sleeping, living, cooking and sanitary facilties and direct access to the outside, without passing through any part of the principal residence.
The Secondary Suite Handout [PDF - 286 KB], provides information on the following:
- Business licence requirements,
- Where secondary suites are permitted,
- Applicable zoning regulations,
- Building permit approval and costs,
- Legalizing a pre-existing suite, and
- Bylaw enforcement.
For further information, please contact the City of Penticton Development Services Department at 9250) 490-2501 or email@example.com.
Go to Top